Thursday, May 15, 2008

Spring







These images cannot begin to do justice to the sheer extravagance of this tree. When other trees are still waking up and slowly beginning to unfurl their leaves this one bursts open so wide that everyone who sees her (she seems to be a her) has to stop and exclaim. The other night she literally seemed lit from inside, she glowed with life, shouting in tree language, "It’s Spring! Yippee!"   
 
Spring is so amazing after the long long months of bare bleak beauty. And spring in the North East teases us. It’s sunny and warm one day and then blustery and freezing the next. I pout. I long for real sun.  Hot sun. This tree reminds me not to lose patience. Her lushness is shocking. And then there is her scent, Stupefying. Fat bumblebees buzz and bump into each other, frantic to get at her. 

The other night when she seemed to glow from  an internal light I stood underneath her, put my face up and watched her radiate against the dark and breathed in her sweetness.  I did a little secret dance.  Sang a little secret song and after a while I feel sure she sang back.  A gentle wind joined us  and her arms shivered and swayed.  bliss.  

And so today, I made her portrait. Here she is. Best I could do to pay homage to her beauty.

Te amo,for sure.
And Gracias.

1 comment:

Lindsey Jane Photography said...

Beautiful. Inspiring. I love it! I love you!