Monday, October 6, 2008

Light and the cosmos






I was given a huge gift the other day.

I was mooning around in my office. Fretting and imagining a terribly bleak future and biting my nails and then trying to meditate and be in the now . that wasn’t working , my imagination was really too good. I was totally caught in the drama of falling markets, impossible to pay mortgages, chastising myself for not being prepared, not having my ducks all in a row. This was getting bad, silly, and on top of that totally perplexing. I actually have never spent so much time fretting over things like this. So then I had to begin to examine why I was doing what I was doing. Auggh. More hell. More devilish gremlins dancing around in my silly mind. I sighed. I glanced out of the window.

The light was gorgeous. I grabbed my camera and ran outside and discovered a light rain falling through the late afternoon light. The sun burst all light and gold through the dark clouds. There must be a rainbow I thought but couldn’t see it so I started playing with the light and the way it came through the left over cosmos in my garden and forgot all about the future and the nail biting.

A pure shot of exuberance rushed through me. All that existed was exquisite beauty. So simple. And free. All of the worry fell away. All the thinking. And I just was with my camera and the incredible light.

Frinally, humming to myself, I slung my camera over my shoulder and walked over the hill towards home, and there was the rainbow. A shocking streak of color arching down to earth. I was so excited I started jumping up and down and shouting thank you! thank you! thank you! ( okay I do these things sometimes usually when no one is looking but now I’ve blown my cover. ) I snapped my last pictures and then went home. No more gloom. Just pure pure joy.

Now several days later and the sky is leaden and the gremlins are lurking I am picturing the light and the cosmos and trying to remember that this feeling of joy can always be around the next corner waiting for me to get out of my head. I just have to open my eyes and see.

and when that doesn't work the images help a lot.
so here they are.

Thank you rainbow maker!

once again Te Amo, Te Amo, Te Amo
Xx

4 comments:

Lindsey Jane Photography said...

yes, that did lift me. thank you and beautiful as always. what did you shoot these with? your leica?

Unknown said...

perfect. my d200 and polarizer on 105 lens.
xx

Teotihuacana said...

Thank you! That did help! You embody the light so beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Iva. They really shine light on what matters. Eloquent.