Sunday, April 12, 2009

what my friend Roberto said.


"what's going on at this farm, what we are doing here, is going to amaze us because the earth, too, feels alone. the earth feels the separation from us as keenly as we feel loneliness."
-Roberto Luna

and now we are all, Jerry, Andy, roberto and i, along with the white family, we are all making a conscious concerted effort to return our full attention here and already it feels different.

we are returning to her. more deeply even than raising animals and farming. we are all talking with her and sending blessings every day. we have built a medicine wheel and made offerings and are listening to her... a give and take...

and as a result, there is a kind of opening.
a kind of conversation back and forth, you can hear the whispers under the leaves rustling. little flashes of light here and there in the woods as if the woods are revealing their dreaming
it is a love affair...


and after all my resisting i begin to understand that somehow i belong here. i was born only 15 miles from here and my ancestors farmed only twenty miles from here over a hundred years ago. so although i grew up in the south and consider that slow warm place my roots perhaps there are roots here i had never considered.
have i found my way home?
how mysterious.

as i wrote these words a red tailed hawk flew close to the window.

how fitting to contemplate on a blustery easter sunday.
a new beginning.


te amos te amos most intriguing life.

xx

4 comments:

Meg Wolff said...

Where is home Iva?

Lindsey Jane Photography said...

I don't know how I missed this entry but I did. I love it Iva. It makes me miss you so!
Love you!
Lindsey

Lee McCormick said...

Ok yes and Roberto might think less and talk more..good quote....Together we are up to something very interesting and I'm so happy you guys are on the same misson

John Nelson said...

I missed this one too. Beautiful.