Friday, June 6, 2008

Bermuda







here's the thing,  no matter what i say,  no matter what i think,   in the end it often comes back to bermuda.  i love it here .  i love this house.  i love the ridiculously wet humid air and the narrow roads. i love my friends.  i love the beach.  i love it all.   and  the day we arrived a white dove landed on the roof of the house and now seems intent on staying here at the house with Gini and Berto and Jenny and Anna and Jerry and the kids and me.   she, i think she is a she, like the white tree i wrote about earlier,  is quite friendly and comes close and let me take her portrait.    I have some of her on film but in the meantime here she is in full technicolor, shot with my lovely little point and shoot digital camera.    


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iva,

This is what I wanted to say about Peru, so I'll post it in Bermuda, because it's true for all of it...

The blog is the book. The pictures are glorious and the words tell the story.

You are brilliant. The pictures and the words.

I'm sending much love to you from Hawaii. Thinking of you in that magical Bermuda house, where we spent so much time creating.

Keep going.

Beth

Lindsey Jane Photography said...

Iva, it looks like paradise and that dove is just one more sign of it. Really nice. I love it!!! I want to see some film shots too, but glad to see that you are shooting with the thing called digital.

Love Linz