Monday, June 23, 2008

the observer/ the observed.


my friend John Nelson,  who has an exellent  blog, www.jrnelsonphoto.blogspot.com,   gave me some good advice regarding editing.  he was referring to my post of the moon images,  and he was absolutely correct. "be ruthless with the photos," he said,  really only put what you really like.   so i am taking his advice and putting only one photo here.  i took it on my recent visit to bermuda.  it interests me because i can construe it in many ways, but primarily,  i am watching myself.    and there are two of me going forward,  the observed and the observer.    in the end the journey is our own and our greatest gift is the potential for awareness. to live in this gift requires ruthless editing.   it requires honesty of oneself that can be hard to look at.  and finally it requires love.   the te amo kind.  and so here we all are,  going forward, ultimately with only that to focus on.   
i am grateful,  deeply grateful,  to all of my people who have my back and  put out their hands to catch me when i falter .  you know who you are and   i hope you know that i am there for you in just the same way.  

and, Dick,  where ever you have gone you will always be in my heart.  We will miss you sorely down here.  i love you so, honey.   

te amo, te amo, te amo!!!

xxx

2 comments:

Lindsey Jane Photography said...

wow i am left speechless iva. that was a great blog and an even greater (edited down to simplicity) photo. i am always impressed and enjoy catching up with you in blog world.

Dawn White said...

Dearest Iva,

I am just catching up with your blog and enjoying it so much!

As I read this entry, tears came to my eyes, and I felt such a huge gratitude for your sharing of yourself, your search for the light, your wisdom, and all the places in between.

You are truly my sister. I send you tons of love today.

xoxo,
Dawn