Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Off Duty Angel








The ideas for these images are coming to me in bits and pieces and then they emerge, seemingly,  of their own volition.

This is what I know. The opera singer has stayed with me.  he  planted a seed that seems to have taken root. The idea that maybe he was only there in my reality. Or I should say jerry’s and my reality as we shared the experience. That maybe my lovely little opera singer was an angel of sorts.   hmm.   well what is an angel exactly?  

The first piece of the idea urged me to find some angel wings and so I did and put them away not really knowing what I would do with them. Maybe use them with models… try to find a way not to be too trite with them.  explore this idea of an angel  appearing in an unexpected fashion.
yesterday the early morning light was so stunning it pulled me from my bed.  i grabbed the wings and my camera and these are the images that came.  

  In the meantime life has been a wild ride.  wild enough to  have me gripped by some un-namable fear in the middle of the night and so i spend my time floating with the shadows across the ceiling, watching the curtains billow in the wind and talking to myself rather than sleeping. trying to shake it. to find consolation.

then this morning i opened my email and found Paulo Coelho's newsletter.  it announced that now it is permissible to download texts and use them and so off i went to see what i could find and here it is the first one i came upon.  

 

When angels talk    by paulo coelho
Nobody is courageous all the time. The unknown is a constant challenge, and being afraid is part of the journey.

What to do? Talk to yourself. Talk alone. Talk to yourself even if others think you have gone crazy. As we talk, an inner force gives us the security to overcome the obstacles that need to be surmounted. We learn lessons from the defeats that we are bound to suffer. And we prepare ourselves for the many victories that will be part of our life.

And just between you and me, those who have this habit (and I’m one of them) know that they never talk alone: the guardian angel is there, listening and helping us to reflect. - paulo coelho 

well,  that's something to think about.  in the meantime the angel looks tired obviously she doesn't get to sleep either.  too busy listening to the midnight mitote in my head.  (mitote is the toltec name for the thousand voice blabber that goes on in your head vying for your attention)   

perhaps this is why one of the angels looks a bit scary.  she's saying enough already.  be in the moment.  sleep at night.   remember all the enthusiastic prattling about living and loving as much as you can!  

so life is wild both high and low and in the meantime here are the wings i've dusted off and i'm excited to see where they will take me.  





No comments: