Friday, September 12, 2008

To live's to Fly





Because you just never know what’s going to happen next. Flying from Montana and the sweetest wedding imaginable to the bedside of my dearest person on the planet.
Because there is no controlling anything, might as well spread my wings and leap. Because in the end for me there really is only one purpose in being here and that’s to live with all the grace and love I can fit into my small body. My wild heart.
And that can be a wild crazy ride. It can take my breath away. It can hurt deep down hurt and then be so sweet it makes my teeth ache. And then I just dance. I mean standing in the kitchen, I have to dance and sing and just go on and live and love deeply and fiercely. And look at this place we’ve been given to learn about all of this. It’s a wild fierce beautiful planet we get to work out our wild hearts with.

And Townes Van Zandt wrote this and it’s a good answer it seems.

To live's to fly
All low and high
So shake the dust off of your wings
And the sleep out of your eyes.

So shake the dust off of your wings
And the tears out of your eyes.

And I say this. I love you beth. I love you so!!!
Xxx

1 comment:

Lindsey Jane Photography said...

Stunning. I want to see more. It was so great to see you, but I feel like we didn't have enough time. OH, and the weirdest thing... we took the airstream last night and on the way home, that same song was playing and I really thought about the lyrics... so strange but not really at all. Have you heard the Cowboy Junkies version of that song?

one more thing... EVERYONE loved you and Jerry. My family can't stop talking about you two. I love you and thank you for the fun polaroids we have as our guestbook.